Publishing, Marketing, Devops
Publisher and consultant. Marketing and technical skills in publishing and education. Based in Southeast Asia since 2008.
Worked on Internet marketing projects located in India, Indonesia, Nepal, Thailand, and Vietnam, and marketed worldwide to English-speaking markets.
22 years of network engineering and technical web; 11 years of marketing and brand management; 8 years of publishing and Internet marketing; and 7 years of university teaching.
Ongoing development of the diverse skills needed to see the big picture and implement the details of Internet marketing. Strong technical and analytic skills, industry and market knowledge. Equally at home in market discovery, brand strategy, product development, and technical implementation and troubleshooting.
- Marketing strategy and tactics, market analysis, brand-building
- Corporate communication, content strategy, content management, editing, digital and print publishing sills and experience
- Graphic Design including website navigation, mobile, logos, typography, brand style guide
- Search and display advertising, search engine optimization, affiliate program design and implementation
- Project management and organizational communication
- Education and training management, including course design, skills rubrics, and learning measurement
- Southeast Asia focus, especially at the intersection of foreign firms and local business practices
- Development and systems administration of Internet infrastructure, including: security, email, web, and ecommerce
2009 - Present
Publisher and Internet marketing consultant for the past 8 years. Focus on Southeast and South Asia, including marketing projects in India, Indonesia, Nepal, Thailand, and Vietnam. Industry focus in Education (Foreign Language learning, TEFL training), Hospitality, General Tourism, Medical Tourism, and Voluntourism.
2001 - 2009
After a year off to complete a Masters degree, spent 1 year as a research assistant, and 7 years teaching undergraduate courses and seminars in networking, communication, and marketing, while attending a phd program at a tier 1 research university.
1994 - 2000
Following completion of an undergraduate degree, spent 6 years in Information Technology in Fortune 1,000 corporate environments, deploying and managing email, file, database, and web servers in the US, Europe, and Asia. This included network architecture, OS and network security, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- 2001 - MS Information Management, UC Berkeley - UC Regents Scholar
- 1994 - BA, Interdisciplinary Studies, UC Berkeley - Phi Beta Kappa