Publishing, Marketing, Devops
Publisher and consultant. Value add is combining marketing, and technical skills, in publishing, and education. Based in Southeast Asia since 2008.
Worked on Internet marketing projects located in India, Indonesia, Nepal, Thailand, and Vietnam, and marketed worldwide to English-speaking markets.
22 years of network engineering and technical web; 11 years of marketing and brand management; 8 years of publishing and Internet marketing; and 7 years of university teaching.
Diverse skills needed to see the big picture of Internet marketing, and implement the detail. Strong technical and analytic skills, industry and market knowledge.
- Marketing strategy and tactics, market analysis, brand-building
- Corporate communication, content strategy, content management, strong editing skills, digital and print publishing
- Design including website navigation, mobile, logos, typography, brand style guide
- Internet marketing, search and display advertising, search engine optimization, affiliate programs
- Development and systems administration of Internet infrastructure, including: security, email, web, and ecommerce
- WordPress, WooCommerce
- Project Management
2009 - Present
Internet marketing consultant for the past 7 years. Focus has been largely in Southeast and South Asia, including marketing programs that operate in Bali, India, Nepal, Thailand, and Vietnam. The main areas of focus are Education (Foreign Language learning, TEFL training), Hospitality, General Tourism, Medical Tourism, and Voluntourism.
2001 - 2009
After a year off to complete a Masters degree, spent 1 year as a research assistant, and 7 years teaching undergraduate courses and seminars in networking, communication, and marketing, while attending a phd program at a tier 1 research university
1994 - 2000
Following an undergraduate degree, spent 6 years in Information Technology in Fortune 1,000 corporate environments, deploying and managing email, file, database, and web servers in the US, Europe, and Asia. This included network architecture, security, and troubleshooting.
- 2001 - MS Information Management, UC Berkeley - UC Regents Scholar
- 1994 - BA, Interdisciplinary Studies, UC Berkeley - Phi Beta Kappa