At 21 months, here are a few observations:
- The child seems more alert about language. Can read the alphabet, but cannot make all the sounds. Problems with g, s, ch, sh, ks, and not strong on th (both voiced and unvoiced) and z.
- Is starting to repeat words that he has heard repeatedly in the past, including swear words, so at this point parents become aware of their own language use.
- Can put together two words red car, dad shoes.
- The boy is now 87cm tall which means he can rid the push bike (though he hasn't much).
- Likes to run (and to say the word run), and to jump (and to say the word jump, though it comes out garbled).
- Is more obedient.
- Has a lot of energy
- Likes to scream when excited (or when talking back to the whistling kettle)