This past weekend I parted with my last Windows device. Actually, my last Microsoft Operating System device (though I reserve the right to get an xbox at some point in the future). This is after flirting with the idea of the Surface device (before its underwhelming acceptance in the marketplace). Goodbye Windows (3.1, 3.11 for Workgroups, 95, 98, NT 3.51, 4.0, 2000, XP, Vista (briefly), and version 7. Microsoft, you had a nice run. I'm running more operating systems than ever before, but nothing of yours is in the lineup: OSX, iOS, Android, ChromeOS, Linux. * Former Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE, 1998) * Update 12 June 2013 - Looks like Microsoft has lost me on the gaming front as well, with PS4 the clear option of choice for console.
I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.
— Jorge Luis Borges
- Delete Site Cache from Chrome
- Tidying Up Digitally
- Toddler Constipation – Not Pooping!
- Top 10 Basic Video/Photo Mistakes
- Construction Innovation
- Podcast Platforms
- Generic Roadmap
- Reverse Sear – Redneck Sous Vide
- New Year 2019 CE / 2562 BE
- DNS Records and Services
- WordPress – Soup to Nuts
- WordPress 5 – Automattic Waterloo
- CMS Maturity Hallmarks
- Power Law & Second Languages
- Mnemonic Devices and Learning
- Cuba and the Mother of Invention
- PHP and MariaDB on Debian
- Nginx and Letsencrypt SSL on Debian
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
- XFCE vs. Cinnamon 2018