John Paul DeJoria gave a Keynote at Stanford Entreprenuership recently. He has many skills and strong instincts. Now he is a multi-billionaire, but he slept in his car the first few weeks of founding John Paul Mitchell Systems.
People Person Skills
His people-person skills are phenomenal. In the Q&A he was asked how to size up a potential partner.
- Have breakfast or lunch with them
- What do they bring to the team? 1+1=11
- Feel the energy and comfort level being around them
- They don't criticize others
- The are nice, not mean
- You like each other
- They are honest
- They believe in a positive way of life
- They want to make the world a better place
- They are exciting (can be a quiet kind of excitement)
John Paul DeJoria Video