Note: This page is a document of the next generation of webdev/devops from what is currently in place (granted, much out-of-date). What follows is a personal task list rather than a comment on the state of web development.
In preparation for Lambda, Python should be used, as it is a first-class AWS Lambda (serverless) language. This may come in handy with IOT and Edge as well.
- Python virtual environment
- Python packaging user guide, see also this QA on dependency management, and Application Dependencies on Full Stack Python
- SQLite database, mongodb, redis, etc.
- Flask or some other kind of python framework
- Nginx reverse proxy
- Gitit wiki
- Amazon Linux AMI / EC2 native repository application versions (PHP 5.6, etc.), and some EPEL stuff when needed
- Impress.js slideshows