If an important page is added or updated with important changes, then it behooves one to submit that URL to the various search engines, especially Bing, Google, and Yandex. Strangely enough, this is not as straightforward a task as one might think.
First of course, one needs to be registered with the various Webmaster Tools, but even then, the place and process for submitting links is not obvious.
Google Webmaster Tools - Submit URL
Google is probably the most obtuse. What one needs to do is:
- Visit the Search Console > Crawl > Fetch as Google
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/googlebot-fetch?hl=en&siteUrl=https://domain.tld/replacing domain.tld with appropriate.
- Type in the page to crawl, and cllick Fetch
- Once fetched, click the Request Indexing button that appears.
Bing Webmaster Tools - Submit URL
Bing is likely the most straightforward tool.
- Visit Webmaster > Configure My Site > Submit URLS
- Type in one or more URLs (limit of 10/day and 50/month)
Yandex Webmaster Tools - Submit URL
Yandex is a bit confusing, as one needs to submit urls to be re-indexed
- Visit Yandex Webmaster > Indexing > Reindex ages
- Type in one or more URLs (limit of 20/day)